General Thread

Feel free to post whatever you want in here, or let others know who you are etc.
Please always be nice with each other, I don't want to see any ranting on this forum ;)

Re: General Thread

Postby Perka » 27 Jul 2013, 10:54

@yank

So nice to see you in github again :)

Thank you!
Perka
 
Posts: 33
Joined: 21 Mar 2013, 13:10
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: General Thread

Postby yank555 » 27 Jul 2013, 12:20

Just hope I won't regret it ... if I get upset again, I'll be going closed for eternity :D

JP.
Nexus 5 (aka. Hammerhead) 32Gb
Note 3 SM-N9005 32Gb Proudly eFused
SGS3 GT-I9300 32Gb
HTC Sensation XE
HTC HD2
TF300TG 32Gb

Image
Credits FAdrums !
User avatar
yank555
-----------
 
Posts: 3520
Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 20:51
Has thanked: 924 times
Been thanked: 4608 times

Re: General Thread

Postby Android's Finest » 26 Sep 2013, 17:14

Hello there, guys!

This is my first post ever on any forum, so I don't know if what I'm about to post does fit in here, but after all this is the general thread. I have some strange problems with CM10.2. When I install it, anything works fine, but once I reboot the phone it is stuck on the screen which shows me the phone model number. It happens with either stock and your latest kernel (v1.6f). Any advice? My device is an i9300. I truly apologize if this isn't supposed to be posted, and of course I really appreciate any help.
Android's Finest
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 09 Jun 2013, 20:00
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: General Thread

Postby yank555 » 26 Sep 2013, 17:49

Android's Finest wrote:Hello there, guys!

This is my first post ever on any forum, so I don't know if what I'm about to post does fit in here, but after all this is the general thread. I have some strange problems with CM10.2. When I install it, anything works fine, but once I reboot the phone it is stuck on the screen which shows me the phone model number. It happens with either stock and your latest kernel (v1.6f). Any advice? My device is an i9300. I truly apologize if this isn't supposed to be posted, and of course I really appreciate any help.


You could have posted in the kernel thread, no issues ;)

Good question what it could be, so far never heard of the kind of behaviour... if you flash a Samsung ROM all works fine ?

JP.

Sent from my SlimBean 4.3 build 1 / Yank555.lu CM10.2 kernel v1.6g-beta1 (Linux 3.0.96) powered Galaxy S3 i9300
Nexus 5 (aka. Hammerhead) 32Gb
Note 3 SM-N9005 32Gb Proudly eFused
SGS3 GT-I9300 32Gb
HTC Sensation XE
HTC HD2
TF300TG 32Gb

Image
Credits FAdrums !
User avatar
yank555
-----------
 
Posts: 3520
Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 20:51
Has thanked: 924 times
Been thanked: 4608 times

Re: General Thread

Postby Android's Finest » 26 Sep 2013, 17:55

Don't know if this problem emerges in a Samsung Rom (the last touchwiz Rom was Android 4.0.4). But I tried other 4.3 based Roms(Carbon and Slimbean), but they all had the same issues. I really don't know why this happens. I'm really confused.
Android's Finest
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 09 Jun 2013, 20:00
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: General Thread

Postby yank555 » 26 Sep 2013, 20:12

Android's Finest wrote:Don't know if this problem emerges in a Samsung Rom (the last touchwiz Rom was Android 4.0.4). But I tried other 4.3 based Roms(Carbon and Slimbean), but they all had the same issues. I really don't know why this happens. I'm really confused.


And 4.2.x based non Sammy ROMs ?

JP.

Sent from my SlimBean 4.3 build 1 / Yank555.lu CM10.2 kernel v1.6g-beta1 (Linux 3.0.96) powered Galaxy S3 i9300
Nexus 5 (aka. Hammerhead) 32Gb
Note 3 SM-N9005 32Gb Proudly eFused
SGS3 GT-I9300 32Gb
HTC Sensation XE
HTC HD2
TF300TG 32Gb

Image
Credits FAdrums !
User avatar
yank555
-----------
 
Posts: 3520
Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 20:51
Has thanked: 924 times
Been thanked: 4608 times

Re: General Thread

Postby Android's Finest » 26 Sep 2013, 20:58

yank555 wrote:
Android's Finest wrote:Don't know if this problem emerges in a Samsung Rom (the last touchwiz Rom was Android 4.0.4). But I tried other 4.3 based Roms(Carbon and Slimbean), but they all had the same issues. I really don't know why this happens. I'm really confused.


And 4.2.x based non Sammy ROMs ?

JP.


Sent from my SlimBean 4.3 build 1 / Yank555.lu CM10.2 kernel v1.6g-beta1 (Linux 3.0.96) powered Galaxy S3 i9300



No, the issue only appears on 4.3 based Roms.
Android's Finest
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 09 Jun 2013, 20:00
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: General Thread

Postby yank555 » 26 Sep 2013, 21:01

Hmm ... I'm quite clueless on this one :(

JP.
Nexus 5 (aka. Hammerhead) 32Gb
Note 3 SM-N9005 32Gb Proudly eFused
SGS3 GT-I9300 32Gb
HTC Sensation XE
HTC HD2
TF300TG 32Gb

Image
Credits FAdrums !
User avatar
yank555
-----------
 
Posts: 3520
Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 20:51
Has thanked: 924 times
Been thanked: 4608 times

Re: General Thread

Postby Android's Finest » 26 Sep 2013, 21:07

yank555 wrote:Hmm ... I'm quite clueless on this one :(

JP.


Same here, hehe. Looks like this will take some time to be solved ... But still, I wonder what it could be.

Thank you!
Android's Finest
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 09 Jun 2013, 20:00
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: General Thread

Postby Android's Finest » 28 Sep 2013, 13:34

Hey yank, I think I have an idea: could it be that the bootloader I'm on is causing trouble, because - as far as I know - the bootloader is only being upgraded when I flash a Sammy Rom, and since the last Sammy Rom I used was 4.0.4 it could be, don't you think?
Android's Finest
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 09 Jun 2013, 20:00
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0 time

PreviousNext

Return to Offtopic - General Chat Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron