General Thread

Feel free to post whatever you want in here, or let others know who you are etc.
Please always be nice with each other, I don't want to see any ranting on this forum ;)

Re: General Thread

Postby eltipo » 30 Apr 2013, 15:49

Its nice to see you again Yank..
I dont want to be rude, but what happened with xda? Quoting Jobs, the forum went "thermonuclear"
what did i miss?

Cheers from Argentina!
eltipo

Postby yank555 » 30 Apr 2013, 19:51

eltipo wrote:Its nice to see you again Yank..
I dont want to be rude, but what happened with xda? Quoting Jobs, the forum went "thermonuclear"
what did i miss?

Cheers from Argentina!

Well not much, just the Prohet as I now nicknamed him (aka. AndreiLux) just p*ssed me off, and the mods seem to be accepting anything coming from him, so I in fact got somewhat upset with XDA in general and decided to become a regular user again over there, asked to get my Rec. Contrib. status removed as I didn't want to be a poart of this hypocritical nonsense and closed all my threads there and moved them here and stopped all active work there. Or almost, sometimes I can't refrain from posting ;)

That atmosphere of competition and aggressiveness was tiring me, and I was using more energy fighting that whole crap than I wanted, as the fun part, which is playing around my kernel is where I want to spend my time and nothing else.

So I just created my very own oasis in the internet desert, a place I call "home", where all is nice and quiet so I can focus on what I like :D

Everyone is welcome here, any oppinions as well, nobody has to agree with what I do or write, arguing is productive, when it's done in a proper constructive way.

Just no bad language nor trolling in general will I tolerate, and which I punish in 2 steps, first time, account disabled and has to be reactivated by the user (very soft warning, it's just clicking a link in an email), next time, it's account deleted. Maybe harsh, but those are the playrules on my "land" ;)

JP.
Nexus 5 (aka. Hammerhead) 32Gb
Note 3 SM-N9005 32Gb Proudly eFused
SGS3 GT-I9300 32Gb
HTC Sensation XE
HTC HD2
TF300TG 32Gb

Credits FAdrums !
yank555
-----------

Postby soundping » 01 May 2013, 01:10

The high quality work you do Yank is never in doubt. ;)

Yes, XDA is looking more like a developers mosh pit. :lol:
soundping

Postby STAticKY » 09 May 2013, 01:10

Hey yank. Could you possibly share your settings for lux dash???

Sent from my portable powerhouse
STAticKY

Postby yank555 » 09 May 2013, 10:38

STAticKY wrote:Hey yank. Could you possibly share your settings for lux dash???

Linked samples (lux) :

0 -> -35%
10 -> 8%
67 -> 32%
10240 -> 100%

General :

Adjust dynamically
Zero point -> 8
Fade brightness -> enabled
Jitter control -> enabled
Min brightness -> -90
Max brightness -> 100
Manual call brightness -> disabled
Persis. notification -> enabled
Notification priority -> highest (so it's always on top of the list)
Widget opens dashboard -> disabled

Sample Collection :

Light reading source -> light sensor
Dynamic response delay up -> 350ms
Dynamic response delay down -> 1000ms
Ignore 0 lux reading -> disabled

Advanced :

Enable Lux -> enabled (obviously :D)
Sensor poll rate -> Slowest
Light sample interpolation -> Logarithmic
SGS3 GT-I9300 32Gb
HTC Sensation XE
HTC HD2
TF300TG 32Gb

Credits FAdrums !
yank555
-----------

Postby STAticKY » 23 May 2013, 14:53

Off topic is getting extremely off topic. Spam seems to increase exponentially every day lol. maybe you need to change your registration process to be less bot friendly...

TP.
STAticKY

Postby yank555 » 23 May 2013, 18:47

STAticKY wrote:Off topic is getting extremely off topic. Spam seems to increase exponentially every day lol. maybe you need to change your registration process to be less bot friendly...

TP.

Yep, on my todo list for a little time already, but I need time, and this week, no can do, organising an event for ~100 people over 2 days this WE...

But I'm really rather *%ç% by that, and the registration is not standard already, but obviously not good enough still :(

I don't get the point, as if someone would buy something because of those spam-posts ?! :roll:

JP.
SGS3 GT-I9300 32Gb
HTC Sensation XE
HTC HD2
TF300TG 32Gb

Credits FAdrums !
yank555
-----------

Postby STAticKY » 23 May 2013, 20:09

yank555 wrote:
STAticKY wrote:Off topic is getting extremely off topic. Spam seems to increase exponentially every day lol. maybe you need to change your registration process to be less bot friendly...

TP.

Yep, on my todo list for a little time already, but I need time, and this week, no can do, organising an event for ~100 people over 2 days this WE...

But I'm really rather *%ç% by that, and the registration is not standard already, but obviously not good enough still :(

I don't get the point, as if someone would buy something because of those spam-posts ?! :roll:

JP.
yea I don't really get it either. Maybe to create domain traffic to create a bit a revenue or something rather...

Anyway, good luck with your weekend activities :)

TP.
STAticKY

Postby LeJolly » 13 Jun 2013, 17:58

Why did Yank leave XDA (well not completely but you know what I mean)? Some say it was a burnout, some say it was because there were too many n00b XDA users who were spamming your kernel thread and some say moderators deleted the thread for some reason. What's the real reason, anyone knows? Love this kernel :)

Edit. Oops I read the previous comments >_< Sorry to hear that!
LeJolly

Postby yank555 » 13 Jun 2013, 18:24

Well in fact absolutely none of the above :D

So, even though I think I did write this somewhere here already, I don't mind, with a few months time to think about it, to rephrase it again ;)

I asked for my threads on xda to be closed myself, it was my very own decision.

What I really didn't have :

• burnout, I do kernel'ing (that's how I call it) as a past-time, to relax, so no burnout risk (or almost none) involved
  • issues with n00b questions, none at all, I (try to) reply to everyone as long as the language stays adequate when questions are asked

What made me ask to close my threads, or why I "left" xda :

• one egocentric, though very talented, fellow dev and jerk trolling in my threads (that was the starting point, but not the reason)
  • mod's getting onto me for defending myself after I got attacked in my thread for reasons I still don't quite get and in the meantime really don't need to understand at all anymore (that made me go, if that's the way they moderate, I leave)

In essence, this didn't make me stop developing (I would stop if I get bored, and that is not anytime soon). I'd stop sharing if I get bugged too much (so far here happend 0 times, that I like ! Thanx to everyone for this !), or if noone is using my kernel anymore.

I moved my threads to a forum where moderation will work objectively (I really try to stay objective), anyone trolls, I kick him out, uses bad laguage, I let him know, he continues, I kick him out, those are the very few rules.

Someone reports problems, I will do my best to help him, no risk of getting me angry, absolutely [url]no risk there[/url].

The only way to make me angry is bad language, trolling and sheer stupidity (insulting people), because I consider that not to be necessary and a complete waste of my energy.

And remember, this is supposed to be fun to me, that's what I do to relax :D

So I now pay (a little money) for a forum to be hosted where my threads stay in a nice and constructive environment. I don't have a donate Link as I don't do this for donations, not at all, I do it for myself as I need a kernel for my phone, and I don't mind sharing it if anyone wants to use it. And I always welcome inputs for future modifications

No promise I'll implement anything, though, if it makes sense to me (and I want it for myself) I'll obviously implement it ;)

Otherwise, if it's not too much fuss and it doesn't break the stability, I'll most likely implement it as well, I will consider it at least.

If I haven't answered everything, don't hesitate, just ask :D There's no way to be off-topic in the off-topic thread :D

JP.
SGS3 GT-I9300 32Gb
HTC Sensation XE
HTC HD2
TF300TG 32Gb

Credits FAdrums !
yank555
-----------

PreviousNext

Return to Offtopic - General Chat Room