[i9300][2014/jun/08][TW ROMs] Yank555.lu kernel v4.2a-beta3

Which Mali implementation should stay ? (you can change your vote anytime)

Poll ended at 30 Nov 2013, 11:38

Samsung's Update 12 (as in 4.0 and 4.0+)
169
47%
Samsung's Chinese Update 1 (as in 4.0a)
137
38%
I don't care, both are equivalent
54
15%
 
Total votes : 360

Re: [i9300][2013/NOV/07][Samsung ROMs] Yank555.lu kernel v4.

Postby yank555 » 08 Nov 2013, 19:16

JMS74 wrote:I think the kernel switches from pegasusq to another governor, maybe powersave ..
The lag is too great for being on a governor like pegasusq. That or the frequencies are way to low. . With your kernel at 500 mhz it works OK and I don't think the 100 mhz difference from 400mhz would cause such a lag.

Also. . With your kernel on pegasusq it is more slower than on stock. I mean on stock this baby flies without much lag but with yours I have stutters. That should be zram related.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk


If the governor would be changed, that would very be easy to check. Connect iyour S3 via usb to your PC, use adb shell on the PC, turn off the screen of the S3 and check what you see in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq and you will have your answer.

PegasusQ in my kernel is 100% stock Samsung, so it cannot be slower nor faster nor in any way different from stock, because it is stock.

You need to compare stuff that is comparable, either use zram and PegasusQ on both, or you're comparing uncomparable stuff.

JP.

Send from my 'proudly eFused' Note 3 (n9005) running Yank555.lu v0.2-beta2 kernel.
Nexus 5 (aka. Hammerhead) 32Gb
Note 3 SM-N9005 32Gb Proudly eFused
SGS3 GT-I9300 32Gb
HTC Sensation XE
HTC HD2
TF300TG 32Gb

Image
Credits FAdrums !
User avatar
yank555
-----------
 
Posts: 3520
Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 20:51
Has thanked: 924 times
Been thanked: 4608 times

Re: [i9300][2013/NOV/07][Samsung ROMs] Yank555.lu kernel v4.

Postby ashley117 » 08 Nov 2013, 20:01

Hi all. I installed new v4 kernel on MJ9 4.3 and I have freeze up then reboot on connection of hdmi adapter. Works fine after reboot but just wondering if any other user has the same issue or any tip to solve it? I did install xbox mod in aroma if that's the cause?
ashley117
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 07 Nov 2013, 02:26
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: [i9300][2013/NOV/07][Samsung ROMs] Yank555.lu kernel v4.

Postby yank555 » 08 Nov 2013, 20:58

Here is an idle run I started yesterday evening before going to bed, that's 7% in 19:21, which makes about 0.36% / h battery drain in standby. Device woke up with no issues, this is on WanamLite 7.2.

Screenshot_2013-11-08-20-44-40.png
Screenshot_2013-11-08-20-44-40.png (69.05 KiB) Viewed 9370 times


Screenshot_2013-11-08-20-44-53.png
Screenshot_2013-11-08-20-44-53.png (146.83 KiB) Viewed 9370 times


CPU-Spy1.png
CPU-Spy1.png (120.93 KiB) Viewed 9334 times


CPU-Spy2.png
CPU-Spy2.png (150.71 KiB) Viewed 9334 times


JP.
Nexus 5 (aka. Hammerhead) 32Gb
Note 3 SM-N9005 32Gb Proudly eFused
SGS3 GT-I9300 32Gb
HTC Sensation XE
HTC HD2
TF300TG 32Gb

Image
Credits FAdrums !
User avatar
yank555
-----------
 
Posts: 3520
Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 20:51
Has thanked: 924 times
Been thanked: 4608 times

Re: [i9300][2013/NOV/07][Samsung ROMs] Yank555.lu kernel v4.

Postby JMS74 » 08 Nov 2013, 22:53

yank555 wrote:
JMS74 wrote:I think the kernel switches from pegasusq to another governor, maybe powersave ..
The lag is too great for being on a governor like pegasusq. That or the frequencies are way to low. . With your kernel at 500 mhz it works OK and I don't think the 100 mhz difference from 400mhz would cause such a lag.

Also. . With your kernel on pegasusq it is more slower than on stock. I mean on stock this baby flies without much lag but with yours I have stutters. That should be zram related.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk


If the governor would be changed, that would very be easy to check. Connect iyour S3 via usb to your PC, use adb shell on the PC, turn off the screen of the S3 and check what you see in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq and you will have your answer.

PegasusQ in my kernel is 100% stock Samsung, so it cannot be slower nor faster nor in any way different from stock, because it is stock.

You need to compare stuff that is comparable, either use zram and PegasusQ on both, or you're comparing uncomparable stuff.

JP.

Send from my 'proudly eFused' Note 3 (n9005) running Yank555.lu v0.2-beta2 kernel.

I'm not saying is because of the governor. I'm saying that with the same governor, pegasusq, stock is way faster than yours. Why I don't know but think it's because of zram

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Last edited by JMS74 on 08 Nov 2013, 22:59, edited 1 time in total.
JMS74
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 06 Nov 2013, 21:55
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: [i9300][2013/NOV/07][Samsung ROMs] Yank555.lu kernel v4.

Postby JMS74 » 08 Nov 2013, 22:57

yank555 wrote:Here is an idle run I started yesterday evening before going to bed, that's 7% in 19:21, which makes about 0.36% / h battery drain in standby. Device woke up with no issues, this is on WanamLite 7.2.

Screenshot_2013-11-08-20-44-40.png


Screenshot_2013-11-08-20-44-53.png


CPU-Spy1.png


CPU-Spy2.png


JP.


That's great.
But i think there are no background sync going in there. Nor location services there or I'm wrong?
Even without that's great.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
JMS74
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 06 Nov 2013, 21:55
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: [i9300][2013/NOV/07][Samsung ROMs] Yank555.lu kernel v4.

Postby yank555 » 08 Nov 2013, 23:17

JMS74 wrote:I'm not saying is because of the governor. I'm saying that with the same governor, pegasusq, stock is way faster than yours. Why I don't know but think it's because of zram


Then compare by keeping zram either on or off in both cases, else it's no comparable, that's what I meant...

JP.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Nexus 5 (aka. Hammerhead) 32Gb
Note 3 SM-N9005 32Gb Proudly eFused
SGS3 GT-I9300 32Gb
HTC Sensation XE
HTC HD2
TF300TG 32Gb

Image
Credits FAdrums !
User avatar
yank555
-----------
 
Posts: 3520
Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 20:51
Has thanked: 924 times
Been thanked: 4608 times

Re: [i9300][2013/NOV/07][Samsung ROMs] Yank555.lu kernel v4.

Postby JMS74 » 08 Nov 2013, 23:19

yank555 wrote:
JMS74 wrote:I'm not saying is because of the governor. I'm saying that with the same governor, pegasusq, stock is way faster than yours. Why I don't know but think it's because of zram


Then compare by keeping zram either on or off in both cases, else it's no comparable, that's what I meant...

JP.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk


I'm just saying.. With default options that's what happens. Not trying to imply anything other. .

Thanks for your work

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
JMS74
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 06 Nov 2013, 21:55
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: [i9300][2013/NOV/07][Samsung ROMs] Yank555.lu kernel v4.

Postby yank555 » 08 Nov 2013, 23:24

JMS74 wrote:I'm just saying.. With default options that's what happens. Not trying to imply anything other. .

Thanks for your work

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk


Still for me to understand, can you state clearly you compare :

Stock kernel PegasusQ with or without zram ?

With

My kernel PegasusQ with or without zram ?

Else your statment isn't helping much...

JP.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Nexus 5 (aka. Hammerhead) 32Gb
Note 3 SM-N9005 32Gb Proudly eFused
SGS3 GT-I9300 32Gb
HTC Sensation XE
HTC HD2
TF300TG 32Gb

Image
Credits FAdrums !
User avatar
yank555
-----------
 
Posts: 3520
Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 20:51
Has thanked: 924 times
Been thanked: 4608 times

Re: [i9300][2013/NOV/07][Samsung ROMs] Yank555.lu kernel v4.

Postby Archi » 08 Nov 2013, 23:51

Hey Yank.

I suggest updating first post about working roms with the kernels, as 4.0 reuqires Sammy's 4.3, while deodexed DLJ9 clearly isn't the one :lol: .
You can add ArchiDroid 1.7.1 to the tested. I'm enjoying your kernel on my sammy's base right now.

Awesome work, cheers :).
Image
User avatar
Archi
 
Posts: 17
Joined: 24 Mar 2013, 11:18
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: [i9300][2013/NOV/07][Samsung ROMs] Yank555.lu kernel v4.

Postby yank555 » 08 Nov 2013, 23:55

Archi wrote:Hey Yank.

I suggest updating first post about working roms with the kernels, as 4.0 reuqires Sammy's 4.3, while deodexed DLJ9 clearly isn't the one :lol: .
You can add ArchiDroid 1.7.1 to the tested. I'm enjoying your kernel on my sammy's base right now.

Awesome work, cheers :).


Right, yes, that list needs updating ;)

JP.

Send from my 'proudly eFused' Note 3 (n9005) running Yank555.lu v0.2-beta2 kernel.
Nexus 5 (aka. Hammerhead) 32Gb
Note 3 SM-N9005 32Gb Proudly eFused
SGS3 GT-I9300 32Gb
HTC Sensation XE
HTC HD2
TF300TG 32Gb

Image
Credits FAdrums !
User avatar
yank555
-----------
 
Posts: 3520
Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 20:51
Has thanked: 924 times
Been thanked: 4608 times

PreviousNext

Return to Kernels

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron