[KERNEL] Any plans to support Nexus 5?

Feel free to post whatever you want in here, or let others know who you are etc.
Please always be nice with each other, I don't want to see any ranting on this forum ;)

[KERNEL] Any plans to support Nexus 5?

Postby shamus69 » 26 Dec 2013, 21:23

Hi Yank,

Any plans on writing a kernel for the Nexus 5? I really like your kernel, and zzmove governor on the SGS3. I'm still a N5 noob, and don't know of any kernels with zzmove governors integrated. Franco's kernel seems popular, with good feedback. I've read many posts, and the FAQ, but still don't know which governors are included.

Your SGS3 Samsung and ASOP kernels kick ass! I don't think you own a N5, so I guess this would be difficult for you to do?

Many thanks,
Shamus.
shamus69

Re: [KERNEL] Any plans to support Nexus 5?

Postby yank555 » 26 Dec 2013, 22:19

Yes, unfortunately, I made one exception, the i9305, as long as all is fine, wonderful, but the slightest thing that is off, and it's really very hard for me to debug :(

So I promised myself, I'd only make kernels I can test myself (keeping the i9305 as the only exception)...

Have been looking at the N5 for some time, but well, got an offer on a Note 3 a few months back I just could not refuse, thus, I'm now using a Note 3 as a daily.

Excellent device, minus Samsung messing with their Knox crap making everything more complicated than it would need to be ... but well ... you learn to live with it ;)

JP.
Nexus 5 (aka. Hammerhead) 32Gb
Note 3 SM-N9005 32Gb Proudly eFused
SGS3 GT-I9300 32Gb
HTC Sensation XE
HTC HD2
TF300TG 32Gb

Credits FAdrums !
yank555
-----------

Postby shamus69 » 27 Dec 2013, 13:29

OK, no problem, I just thought I would ask.

I'm loving the N5, even though I said I wouldn't buy a device without an sd card slot. I'm finding 32GB more than enough, with all of the cloud storage available. I don't really play games, so I haven't got the problem of needing insane amounts of internal storage.

I'm very impressed with the Note 3, but couldn't use it as my daily driver, just a tad too big! Great hardware! I've even heard rumours that it is such a powerhouse that it even makes Touchwiz a joy to use! :lol:

Samsung made a big mistake crippling the GT-I9300 with 1GB memory, not enough! :cry:
shamus69

Postby yank555 » 27 Dec 2013, 13:47

Indeed, it's pretty amazing in power resources, even bloated TW flies, and with the extra space, the battery is pretty big, so getting 6h+ screen time over 24h and juice left without much caring about battery, feels pretty luxurious ;)

The size is a bit much, but I made up my mind this way, I mostly use my phone for other stuff than calling, as such, it's what I call my "mobile surfboard", to surf the internet while on the go, as such it's pretty convenient it's a little taller. Now if it just would not come from Samung and were a Nexus device, it would be just awesome :D

Yes, 1Gb was just too little for the specs of the i9300, would have been perfect with 2Gb as the i9305 came with, but couldn't get it here back then.

I think I'd not cope with "only" 32, personally, my 32Gb on the Note 3 are half full, and I only put apps and app data on it (Sygic EU maps are included)... My 64Gb SD is 2/3 used, between MP3s and a few docs and Nandroids (those are huge), I'm well covered, without feeling having too much of space either.

JP.
Nexus 5 (aka. Hammerhead) 32Gb
Note 3 SM-N9005 32Gb Proudly eFused
SGS3 GT-I9300 32Gb
HTC Sensation XE
HTC HD2
TF300TG 32Gb

Credits FAdrums !
yank555
-----------

Return to Offtopic - General Chat Room