[n9005][2014/DEC/01][TWKK] faux123/Yank555.lu kernel 002b3

Re: [n9005][2014/MAY/13][TWKK] faux123/Yank555.lu kernel 001

Postby yank555 » 13 May 2014, 23:19

Alpha Kernel Update

Changelog 001a4 (13/05/2014)

  • Hardlimit is fixed, scaling min/max don't get stuck anymore
  • drivers/tty/n_tty.c: fix CVE-2014-0196 (fixes this)
  • touchwake isn't working yet

    Make a Nandroid before flashing this...

Nexus 5 (aka. Hammerhead) 32Gb
Note 3 SM-N9005 32Gb Proudly eFused
SGS3 GT-I9300 32Gb
HTC Sensation XE
HTC HD2
TF300TG 32Gb

Image
Credits FAdrums !
User avatar
yank555
-----------
 
Posts: 3520
Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 20:51
Has thanked: 924 times
Been thanked: 4608 times

Re: [n9005][2014/MAY/12][TWKK] faux123/Yank555.lu kernel 001

Postby Julian Jeremiah » 14 May 2014, 08:28

Thanks and noted! I mean it (OC) could be as an extra bonus for those users who are having very intensive games I guess ;)

Btw where am I able to download your kernel cleaner? :)



yank555 wrote:
Julian Jeremiah wrote:Great :D just as I thought. Thank you once again ;) BTW only intelliactive governor has this two phase profile.

Ever thought of porting Faux's HTC One M8 OC 2.8Ghz over? I know you've capped your max at 2.5Ghz for all kernel though.


There's not much to do, it's just adding a few line in a table, and that's that ... I just don't consider extreme OC to be very reasonable tbh.

In fact I've added more gradual steps between 2.3 and 2.5, other Note 3 kernels just have 2.3 and 2.5, which I considered to steep. I kept is as it was in the JB kernel, worked well for me ;)

JP.
Julian Jeremiah
 
Posts: 43
Joined: 12 May 2014, 14:57
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: [n9005][2014/MAY/12][TWKK] faux123/Yank555.lu kernel 001

Postby yank555 » 14 May 2014, 11:05

Julian Jeremiah wrote:Thanks and noted! I mean it (OC) could be as an extra bonus for those users who are having very intensive games I guess ;)

Btw where am I able to download your kernel cleaner? :)


There's no cleaner for faux kernel, it doesn't have any leftovers.

JP.
Nexus 5 (aka. Hammerhead) 32Gb
Note 3 SM-N9005 32Gb Proudly eFused
SGS3 GT-I9300 32Gb
HTC Sensation XE
HTC HD2
TF300TG 32Gb

Image
Credits FAdrums !
User avatar
yank555
-----------
 
Posts: 3520
Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 20:51
Has thanked: 924 times
Been thanked: 4608 times

Re: [n9005][2014/MAY/13][TWKK] faux123/Yank555.lu kernel 001

Postby ezaechiel » 14 May 2014, 12:34

Hello,

Great work guyz, do you have a recommended configuration to optimize the kernel? After benchmark I could see results are not so good as before.

Surely a problem with config :).

So sorry to bother you with such a question, but I will learn and understand what I do before and prefer ask before doing something wrong :).

Btw thanks for your work.
Note 3 SM-N9005 32Gb knox tripped and so what?
64Gb FAT32 / CM 11 M7 Snapshot / KK bootloader / TWRP / Nova Prime Launcher / 1Gb zSwap
Yank555.lu kernel CM11-20140526-hlte v1.0b-beta8
ezaechiel
 
Posts: 60
Joined: 14 May 2014, 08:28
Location: Paris
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: [n9005][2014/MAY/13][TWKK] faux123/Yank555.lu kernel 001

Postby yank555 » 14 May 2014, 12:49

Well, first off, benchmarks are not worth the time you loose running them ;)

The best benchmark is you, if it feels fast, only then it is. And look over a few days what your battery says.

You'd have to test a little, as the kernel is only 2 days old, and I can't run it, so I won't be able to help out.

Best companion is fauxclock app, it will give access to all kernel options, other kernel config apps will also work, but maybe not be as extensive...

JP.
Nexus 5 (aka. Hammerhead) 32Gb
Note 3 SM-N9005 32Gb Proudly eFused
SGS3 GT-I9300 32Gb
HTC Sensation XE
HTC HD2
TF300TG 32Gb

Image
Credits FAdrums !
User avatar
yank555
-----------
 
Posts: 3520
Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 20:51
Has thanked: 924 times
Been thanked: 4608 times

Re: [n9005][2014/MAY/13][TWKK] faux123/Yank555.lu kernel 001

Postby ezaechiel » 14 May 2014, 13:04

Ok thanks for you kindly reply.

I'm totally agree with you, benchmarks are just indicators and not really trustable. So I'll try for some days :) and test some settings to find my way :D .

Thanks again for your work :)
Note 3 SM-N9005 32Gb knox tripped and so what?
64Gb FAT32 / CM 11 M7 Snapshot / KK bootloader / TWRP / Nova Prime Launcher / 1Gb zSwap
Yank555.lu kernel CM11-20140526-hlte v1.0b-beta8
ezaechiel
 
Posts: 60
Joined: 14 May 2014, 08:28
Location: Paris
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: [n9005][2014/MAY/13][TWKK] faux123/Yank555.lu kernel 001

Postby jdidtht » 15 May 2014, 00:06

ezaechiel wrote:Ok thanks for you kindly reply.

I'm totally agree with you, benchmarks are just indicators and not really trustable. So I'll try for some days :) and test some settings to find my way :D .

Thanks again for your work :)

I used to run intellidemand /mp off intelliplug enabled/deadline/ and in Jb versions get good battery life. Kitkat releases, and this goes for all kernels that have intellidemand /intelliplug I don't get good battery anymore. I do in fact get good not great battery with interactive /deadline/mp on and I will enable intellithermal as well.

Image
jdidtht
 
Posts: 111
Joined: 27 Oct 2013, 17:45
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: [n9005][2014/MAY/13][TWKK] faux123/Yank555.lu kernel 001

Postby Julian Jeremiah » 15 May 2014, 02:33

You should try intellidemand on this kernel a4 version now it's great

I've just switched from intelliactive to intellidemand to try battery life and so far I am impressed battery life is better and feel more snappier

jdidtht wrote:
ezaechiel wrote:Ok thanks for you kindly reply.

I'm totally agree with you, benchmarks are just indicators and not really trustable. So I'll try for some days :) and test some settings to find my way :D .

Thanks again for your work :)

I used to run intellidemand /mp off intelliplug enabled/deadline/ and in Jb versions get good battery life. Kitkat releases, and this goes for all kernels that have intellidemand /intelliplug I don't get good battery anymore. I do in fact get good not great battery with interactive /deadline/mp on and I will enable intellithermal as well.

Image
Julian Jeremiah
 
Posts: 43
Joined: 12 May 2014, 14:57
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: [n9005][2014/MAY/13][TWKK] faux123/Yank555.lu kernel 001

Postby jdidtht » 16 May 2014, 01:36

Julian Jeremiah wrote:You should try intellidemand on this kernel a4 version now it's great

I've just switched from intelliactive to intellidemand to try battery life and so far I am impressed battery life is better and feel more snappier

jdidtht wrote:
ezaechiel wrote:Ok thanks for you kindly reply.

I'm totally agree with you, benchmarks are just indicators and not really trustable. So I'll try for some days :) and test some settings to find my way :D .

Thanks again for your work :)

I used to run intellidemand /mp off intelliplug enabled/deadline/ and in Jb versions get good battery life. Kitkat releases, and this goes for all kernels that have intellidemand /intelliplug I don't get good battery anymore. I do in fact get good not great battery with interactive /deadline/mp on and I will enable intellithermal as well.

Image



I of course have ran it. I getvfar better battery with mp on with this kernel and most kernels from the past month with intelliplug intellidemand
the older version of intelliplug I got much better battery. I'm not saying I don't like the kernel. I'm a huge yank fan, I'm just stating what works best for me..

Image
jdidtht
 
Posts: 111
Joined: 27 Oct 2013, 17:45
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: [n9005][2014/MAY/13][TWKK] faux123/Yank555.lu kernel 001

Postby Julian Jeremiah » 16 May 2014, 07:01

Yank,

I realized that after every reboot hardlimit_screen_off, wakeup_kick_delay and wakeup_kick_freq will always revert to its default values. Any advice how to make it stick? No luck even after changed permissions.
Julian Jeremiah
 
Posts: 43
Joined: 12 May 2014, 14:57
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 6 times

PreviousNext

Return to Kernels

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron